Sunday, October 9, 2011

31 Days of Halloween: Day 9


Day 9

Scream 4 (2011)



Who can't say that they've seen the Scream saga? You may not have seen all four of the movies, but everyone has seen at least one of the films. I mean, come on, the series started with Drew Barrymore. Classy.

All centering around Sidney Prescott, a victim in the 10+ year saga. It has been 15 years since the original Scream movie that brought Wes Craven back into the forefront of horror movies. This 4th movie, while predictable in some areas, is fantastic.

Please note, I'm admitting that I may be biased towards these movies, as I grew up with them, but I do feel that the fourth had a nice twist to them. However, saying that, the twist is a little old, if you've seen the third of the series. By far, the third is my favorite twist and the fourth is kind of a spin off of that ten years later.

I do enjoy the modernizing of the era. In the beginning, it was all about scary movie plots, using it as motive in the original. I do appreciate the updating of the series with the use of web caming and the use of being able to watch the murders live. It's a nice twist that I can appreciate.

I would like to say that this is probably the end of an era...but I thought that ten years ago when the third piece of the puzzle was released. So...here's hoping!

Similar Movies:

Scream (1996)
Scream 2 (1997)
Scream 3 (2000)


Up Next:

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)




No comments: