Saturday, October 29, 2011

31 Days of Halloween: Day 28 and 29



DOUBLE FEATURE DAY

Day 28

Let Me In (2010)



Let The Right One In was the title of the Swedish version of Let Me In. I have to say that this movie was almost scene for scene, which I loved! A young boy unknowingly makes friends with a young girl...who's really a vampire.

One obviously difference, besides language, was the location. Obviously, the original took place in Europe, while this remake takes place in Los Alamos, New Mexico. I find this funny now with family in New Mexico...and I can see Los Alamos from the back porch.

Everything from the jungle-gym in the apartment complex courtyard with the Rubik cube to the outdoor hockey scene, this movie had it all, with a few artistic changes...that a bigger budget allows.

Our two youngsters are great in this movie. Kodi, from the movie The Road, and Chloe, from the movie Kick Ass, are brilliant. They encompass the original kids dynamic, while adding a great dimension of their own.

Also, the addition murders that the 'father' commits are shown in greater detail in this movie, which I appreciated (at this time of year). The bullies deserve a shout out as well, because I wanted to reach through the screen and hit them myself.

I even love that the film takes place in the 80's, like the original. Overall, fantastic remake that lives up to the original! Check out both of them!!


Day 29

28 Days Later (2002)



I never saw this movie before today and I enjoyed it. Cillian Murphy's breakout role before his turn as the Scarecrow in Batman Begins and the villain in Red Eye.

The world has gone from populated by 'normal' human beings to being 'infected' by the the end of 28 days. Now, the survivors, however few they may be, must try to survive even longer, taking down anyone in their path.

The opening sequence involving the chimps and the scientist saying they were 'infected' with rage...was odd. "Its in their blood and their saliva" he cries out. But its rage...and yet, those infect become zombies basically.

The nice thing about this movie is that its not your typically zombie movie. Its more about the people and their effect on other people. I enjoyed Chris Eccelston in this film as well, and as one of my favorite Doctor Whos, I do find it fun when he's a bad guy. :-)


Up Next

Shaun of the Dead (2004)



No comments: