Saturday, December 31, 2011

Something About Pink

It's after Christmas, so I can now post the pictures of Robyn's painting that I gave to her as a present. I am super proud of this painting, because I really wanted Robyn to love it as much I did when I finished!

Here's how I did it:



A pink base was needed, of course, and then the white bird. I topped her body with black paint as she is a robin bird and needs a colored top.



And then it was time to add the flower petals...





...with more details...





You can't have a flower without leaves...





...or the stamen...




I wanted to add more definition to the petals and the leaves, so I individually outlined them in black.







Then I wanted to give the petals one last...detail...to make them more 3-dimensional and some more pink to the background.





Some more pink design in the background and the white of the eye was added...





...and then got the eye finished up...as well as the final breast and wing/feather detail.


Again, I love how this painting ended up...and I'm happy that its now hanging above her bed at home. :-)


No comments: