Friday, December 2, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

For an early birthday present, my best friend Andy (come on, you've read this blog, you know him) took me to a Christmas concert. But it wasn't just any concert, it was the 96.5 TIC All-Star Christmas Concert featuring...

Christina Perri...who sang everything from Jar of Hearts, A Thousand Years, Arms and even Happy Xmas (War Is Over). She was wonderful. A great way to open the concert with true singing and a nice bubbly personality.




Gavin Degraw...who did some new and older hits, like Chariot and Not Over You. He started out pumped and never stopped. I liked that his 'mini-concert' just rolled from one song into the next with no stopping. It helped to really start to pick up the night. He even got on the piano!




The Fray...who like Gavin, really pumped up the crowd. They did all of their great songs like How To Save A Life and their new hit Heartbeat. Issac, the lead singer, even got off the stage and strolled through the entire crowd, really getting them off their feet.




and...KELLY CLARKSON. The headliner for the evening, she brought the whole evening home. Her music was really loud (I mean, beyond loud) and it made me happy that I knew the words to her songs because I couldn't always understand her. Other than that, the energy was great and honestly, I felt her best song was "I'll Be Home For Christmas".




This was one of the best Christmas gifts I have had in a while. Thank you Andy, for taking me to see some of my very favorite artists. :-)

1 comment:

Andy P said...

Yahoo! I had a great time too!