Sunday, November 27, 2011

Turkey and Burns

So this past Thursday was that annual tradition of over-indulgence, aka Thanksgiving.

It started as it normally does, with the watching of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and perusing through the Thursday paper...to check for awesome Black Friday ads that I don't traditionally deal with.

Then the cooking began. It started with a new pie: Cranberry-Apple-Orange pie. How do you think it looks?




It's a bit tart, but still really tasty. (I added the little leaves for a little something extra).

The rest of the cooking went well. I roasted some green beans after steaming them to make them tender. I made the stuffing and put that in the oven. I stuffed the turkey breast with ham, cheese, poblano peppers and rolled it up with twine. The good-looking cordon bleu was seared in a pan and then placed in the oven.

And that's where it all went wrong. After everything had been in the oven for a bit, I went to check the turkey...but when I did, I didn't cover the entire pan handle with the pot holder. So, I burned it.



This pick is of the burn later in the day...but it hurt so badly...burning for hours. I was none to pleased.


At least I could enjoy the rest of the meal and though I did burn my hand, the food turned out really good.





Delicious. Happy belated Thanksgiving!

No comments: