Monday, January 31, 2011

Feel the Burn!

This morning was the first of many personal training sessions with my trainer Phil.

I have to admit...getting up at 4:30AM this morning was not high on my priority list. However, I did get a decent amount asleep...even with my anxiousness waking me every once and a while. You would think it was Christmas...not!

Anyway, I got up and got ready to head to the gym, after a quick breakfast. I didn't want to pass out from low blood sugar (totally happened before...ugh). I was concerned about this first session. I was intimidated by Phil.

I met Phil a week prior when I signed up for the personal training program. I was introduced to Phil and our meeting went like this:


Coordinator: Phil, do you have a second? (Phil, comes over) Phil, this is Lauren. She's going to be training with you at 5:30 in the morning on Mondays.

Phil: Oooh! Are you going to bring the coffee?

Me: I don't actually drink coffee.

Phil: Honey, don't worry. I'm better than Folgers...I'm the best part of waking up!!


He was funny, that was for sure...but I was concerned about having my butt kicked and being stressed so much while doing it. I didn't know how much he would push or prod or be a hard ass. I didn't need to worry.

We were reintroduced...and we did a quick breakdown and what I wanted out of the session and what he would be asking of me, etc...and got to work.

Core exercises and arm workouts were on the agenda today. In between sets, he was making me laugh and telling me stories. He is beyond nice and funny as hell. Sure, he's going to kick my butt...but at least I'll have a good time doing it.

I'm all ready for round two!! Bring it!

No comments: