Friday, January 28, 2011

Insomnia = Discovery

Apparently, the SyFy Channel is my new obsession in 2011.

My mom keeps trying to get me into a bunch of shows that are on already, but I haven't quite caught up to them...but it's the new shows that are catching my eye...

Obviously, you have read about my enjoyment of BEING HUMAN. But there is an additional show that has now struck my fancy...and it comes from being up at midnight on a Friday night/Saturday morning...

FACE OFF is about makeup and special effects artists. Think Project Runway, but for movie magic!! I was a student in a stage makeup class and this is just beyond my level of comprehension, but damn! It's amazing!!

Each episode consists of a foundation challenge, which gives the artists a chance for an advantage going into the final round, which is known as the spotlight challenge.

The first spotlight challenge involved creating a half human - half animal hybrid in teams of two. They had to choose between three animals (a beetle, an ostrich or an elephant) and create a story for the creation of the creature.

Check out the first winner!


It's crazy awesome, right?!

The artists are interesting, eccentric, egocentric and creative...so it should make for an interesting few weeks as they compete against each other. I'm so excited!!

Take a gander...Wednesdays at 10pm on SyFy....(no, I'm not getting any pay for the free advertisement...too bad, right?)

No comments: