Saturday, January 1, 2011

Good Morning 2011

I was contemplating last night what I would write today. Today is the start of a new year....2011.

I was more thoughtful, more insightful last night...probably due to the bottle of champagne I was nursing in the late hours. But the same thought remains...

I didn't accomplish everything I wanted to in 2010. It was full of ups and down, but it was no means disappointing. Opposite in fact...but I hope to tick a few more goals of this year.

LOOKING BACK

2010 was supposed to be the year of running...and it started off really well. I began running and training for all of the races I was planning on participating in. My first race was supposed to be in February, but it got cancelled. Just after, I injured myself and had to take a month off of training. I came back just in time to run the next race (with no time to actually train) and did fairly well, which I was proud of.

Then injury after injury and busy schedule after stressing out....everything caught up with me. I was able to continue to run, but I wasn't really training or challenging myself. The breaking point happened when I had to go into the ER in early Fall. That was the point when I just threw in the towel.

But not all of 2010 was full of setbacks or disappointments. I moved forward in a lot of ways too. I made it through a full year in my current position. I didn't know if I would actually make it...but I did. I got through the extremely stressful times and I also strengthened relationships that have changed my life.

LOOKING FORWARD

I can only imagine was 2011 holds for me. I know that I will be heading back into the gym to try to get back into running. I have a few things that I will be changing to ensure that I don't get injured as often so I can have a better chance for success. I have ideas on how to be stressed at work and I want to continue keeping my relationships in the forefront of my life!

It's a new, fresh start.


Now...what's for breakfast ;-)

No comments: