Saturday, February 12, 2011

Gnomeo vs Bieber

It all began with Super Bowl XLV last Sunday. As the Green Bay Packers were running down the clock to claim victory as the Super Bowl Champions against the Pittsburgh Steelers, I was doubly excited.

1) Green Bay was the team I was picking to win.

2) Green Bay winning meant I won a bet

Let me back up.

Once the teams were determined, I decided to ask my dear Andy to see if he would like to make a bet about the Super Bowl. We bet on a lot of other things, including this past season's World Series, so why not the SB?

I knew Andy would be cheering for the Steelers, since he had a connection with Pittsburgh, so I vowed to cheer for the Packers. In honesty, I am more of a fan of GB in comparison to the Steelers, but I would have cheered for either team.

The wager: the loser had to take the winner to a movie date of their choosing.

The stakes: Steelers win = me taking Andy to Justin Bieber's Never Say Never movie. Packers win = Andy taking me to Disney's Gnomeo & Juliet.

I can't tell you how happy I was that my boys Aaron Rogers, Clay Matthews and the rest of the Green Bay Packers pulled through in the end. I really didn't want to see Justin Bieber.



I collected on my bet today...and the movie was actually very funny (particularly for theatre/Shakespeare savvy people) and ..... bom bom BOM....

ANDY LIKED IT!!!

It was a good day!! :-)

No comments: