Sunday, March 28, 2010

Meet Me In Mystic

Today was a fun-filled adventure at Mystic Aquarium with my friend from work. If you have never been and you are in the area, you need to go. While it was a bit cold outside and overcast, it was a great day to visit. Not very crowded, which made for easy viewing the animals.

We saw sea lions and stingrays and sharks...oh my!

Actually, I think the stingrays were my favorite. I had a great time at the ray tank where you could pet them. It wasn't the first time I had actually touched one (I got the first opportunity on my honeymoon when we visited Sea World) and it was just as cool today; cooler if you asked me because the rays kept coming up to me. There were two little girls who were getting upset about not being able to touch one because they were coming to me. Once I got a couple to come to me, I pulled the girls over to pet the stingrays. They loved it!


Below are some of the videos (I took a lot) from the day that I thought were the funniest or the weirdest due to the conversations about what was being filmed. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!



This is a video that I took just for the sounds. The penguins were mating (there were about three couples going at it when we were standing there) but the sounds were unbelievable. I never knew penguins could sound like that...and the conversation we had was funny too!



I liked that these fish were swimming in this cylinder and I enjoyed the conversation about their names...



This last video was great because of the ending!

I LOVE aquariums. They are awesome!!!!

No comments: