Monday, March 22, 2010

Run [Insert Name] Run!

Well, it was back to the grind today.

I was up at 5:30am, to be on the road by 6am, to be at the gym and on the treadmill by 6:30am. Good thing I'm a morning person.

Other than the fire alarm being activated about 5 minutes into my run, the gym experience was a good one today.

I did a thirty minute run (would have been forty, but since I spent ten minutes outside in the cold during the evacuation, I cut it short). The run itself was a little painful for me to get back into the swing of things. Unlike the race last week, the first mile and a half was good, but the last mile and a half were a struggle for me. I started to lose my pace and it hindered me a bit. Luckily I got it under control for about the last half mile. Not great, but not awful; 3 miles in 30 minutes flat.

I then proceeded to the rowing machine (something I haven't done since high school) and proceeded to work out there, followed by a ton of crunches. I'm sure my body will have some unkind words for me in the morning when I wake up and do it all over again....

An interesting side effect of today's workout was a very chipper attitude from me and an extra pep in my step. Now, I consider myself a fairly rambunctious person, but since I got my injury a month ago and had to stop running, I felt myself draining from work load and lack of energy. But damn, if that energy wasn't back in full force today! I was bouncing around, laughing more than I felt I had, just in good spirits. I even decided that I would have a more positive outlook at work. Pretty impressive for one work out session.

However, I'm currently dreading my alarm tomorrow morning...so much for being that morning person, right? Until then...

No comments: