Saturday, February 27, 2010

So sweaty...but oh so good!

Tonight was probably one of the coolest nights EVER!

I had tickets for tonight's hockey game and it was going to be a good one. I had planned on going with my roommate, who had never been to a hockey game before! Shocking, I know!! Well, she ended up having to work, so she still hasn't gone to a game. Maybe one day...

Anyway, I would have gone with my other friend and co-worker, but he had to work as well, so it ended up being just me. So, I headed over to the game and found out it was also the night of the March of Dimes Jersey Auction. I figured I would go see what it was about.

They had a silent auction sheet for each player's jersey, so I headed over to my favorite player and decided to bid. Then they would close the silent auction after the second period of the game and then hold a live auction to finish the bidding. I thought, what the hell, so I gave myself a limit of how much I will willing to spend and I ended up in a bidding war with another woman over the jersey. I won, and for less than my max, which was great!!

So, cool, right...I win a jersey and the money was benefiting the March of Dimes (an organization I appreciate and feel worthy of my money)...but that's not all!! I get to go down to the ice at the end of the game, walk out with my name announced, take a picture with my player, then he STRIPS off the jersey off his back and signs it for me!!

So, I'm beat red and excited as hell to meet this player (again), shake his hand and get the picture...but then he takes off his jersey and gets down on one knee (le sigh) and asks me where I want him to sign his name. When he handed it to me he said "sorry it's sweaty" and I was pretty much like "oh that's ok" but in my head I was really like "oh my god, I don't care, you are just amazing!" I was giddy as I left the arena and headed over to work to show off the awesome (and sweaty) jersey...

So now...it's two hours later...it's still wet and smells...but it's amazing! (And yes, I will be washing it, because I want to wear it and it really does smell...but will still hold so much value for me!)




PS...if I can get a picture of the two of us, I will post it!

No comments: