Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Race Cancelled :-(

Well....this does not bode well.

I was supposed to participate in my first race of the 'year of races' this Saturday, February 13 but I received information that the race was cancelled due to a "sudden and unavoidable conflict with [the] race venue."

There is no information as to whether or not it was due to the weather (which has been snowy and cold) or if it really was due to some other unforeseeable circumstance that shut the race down.

Personally this news comes to me with both good and bad feelings about the situation:

Bad: I've been prepping for this race for about a month and a half and I felt really prepared.
Bad: I'm concerned that with the next race a month away, I may slip in my training and slack...AH!
Bad: My roommate, co-worker and father were going to be in attendance cheering my boss and I along as we ran and now....no signs, no cheers for another month.

Good: This gives me another full month before my next race (of the same distance) to be even more prepared.
Good: I don't have to run in the freezing weather that I had been dreading all week.
Good: I get to spend less time worrying about the race and more time with my dad this weekend (who didn't come in for the race but would have been able to see it due to being in town for the right weekend).

So, I'm....conflicted!

Oh well. I have to look at it positively and just move on from this point and be extra prepared for the St. Patrick's race in March...

May the luck o' the Irish be with me!

No comments: