Friday, February 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Robyn

Robyn's birthday requires a special cake, especially if this might be the last birthday I get to spend with her for a bit :-( so I had to pull out all of the stops.

So, with my darling former-roomie being a Stage Manager, I wanted to make a prompt book for her. For those who don't know what a prompt book is, it's basically the production bible that the Stage Manager keeps and puts together. It holds everything from the contact sheet, script, blocking notes, etc.

Since Robyn LOVES pink, I knew I needed a pink 'binder' for her book. I had to label it, so I picked a title that suited Robyn herself (no, its not a real play title).




Then...for the tabs (which would normally say 'Contact Sheet', etc) I decided to make it things from Robyn's life, which included:

  • Family
  • Maggie (her dog)
  • St. Michael's (her college)
  • Roomie (me!!)
  • New London Barn (summer stock)
  • HSC
  • Mark (her boy)

...to name a few...


I had been pumping this cake up for days/weeks even, and I don't think she was disappointed...and neither was I.
Lord help me the next time I'm around for her birthday....ah!! I'll have to top this.

No comments: