Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Everyone likes conversation hearts, right? So, for Valentine's Day I decided to have a little bit of fun with the classic candy idea by making conversation cake hearts.

So I started with the making the hearts by baking the cake and then crumbling the cake once it was cooled. I mixed in some frosting and then started molding the cake balls.




Once I molded the soon to be hearts, I placed them on a cookie sheet to make sure I had enough.

Then I had to mold each of the hearts by hand...

After placing the hearts in the freezer, I colored the candy coating to make the specific colors from the original conversation hearts. I coated each heart individually and placed them back on the cookie sheet to re-freeze (and harden the candy).
Then to make them 'conversation hearts' they needed the conversation sayings on them...so I made the traditional happy and loving ones...

As well as hearts for those more against Valentine's Day...aka, more negative sayings :-)


They were a hit...because they were all gone at the end of the day. Hooray!!

No comments: