Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Hurricane That Never Was

...at least in my location.

I'm currently sitting in my living room and looking out my window at the rain and while every once and a while the wind picks up slightly, this really isn't a hurricane. Its just a bad(ish) and constant storm.

I was in a store yesterday and the woman at the counter asked if I was prepared and had all of my water and other essentials and I kind of smiled and nodded, though I really didn't. I feel that everyone was blowing this storm out of proportion. I understand that New Englanders really haven't had much experience with hurricanes and that they have a much better understanding of snow and blizzards, but really?

I'm not saying it wasn't worse in the south and that at some point it wasn't a decent hurricane. It was and unfortunately in a couple of states, lives were lost. There has been damage and massive power outages in some places.

I think I'm just bitter because everyone at work was in semi-panic mode and I had to do things, though I doubted it would be needed. But, in the long run...it is better to be over-prepared and have nothing happen rather than being under-prepared and have everything happen.

Now...do I 'brave' the weather and head out to the store...only to find that its closed because everyone felt that this was the storm leading the way to Armageddon?

Decisions...decisions...

No comments: