Saturday, March 19, 2011

Visiting with Friends

It's always wonderful when friends come to visit. This weekend was about Fomby! It was so amazing to get to hang out with her, get to tell her a little more about what I do, hear more about her and her husband, compare the similarities in our lives, etc.

When she got here, we got a great lunch and really got the chance to catch up. We then headed home so she could meet the roomie and we relaxed a bit more before heading back into downtown to see the show at work. She really enjoyed it!!

Once we got home, I set up her bed and we watched some Food Network (bad idea when we hadn't eaten dinner) and then went to sleep.

Today was an adventure as well. We began with breakfast with both my girls. Once Robyn headed into work, I introduced Fomby to the wonders of Eddie Izzard! Then it was all about the road-trip...

You all know that I'm not shy about taking a road trip to grab food. I do it when I head out to Massachusetts for Qdoba. That craving hits you and you just want to go. I'll even end up doing that with Andy for some Chick-fil-a. Can't help it. This trip was no different.

We headed down to Fairfield, CT to try Pinkberry, a tart frozen yogurt place and to take in the town. A little over an hour later, we were in southern CT standing in line to get the tasty treat!

The options at this place were numerous and looked fantastic. The flavors varied from original to chocolate, from pomegranate to mango, from coconut to lychee. And then the toppings...savory and sweet, chocolate and fruity. Yum!


I ended up with the original flavor with a bunch of fruit (blueberries, strawberries, kiwi and mango). Delicious!



We then headed out for a walk around the little main street area in search of warm drinks (enter Starbucks) and began our walk back, taking in some history along the way.




Of course Fomby ended up finding a handsome gentleman and hitting on him...though I did think he was a little stiff.



(ps...that's a bronze of Mark Twain reading Huck Finn)


Lastly, we headed into an awesome candy shop that I have to admit I walked out with two small bags of goodies!

It was so amazing to have Fomby with me, even for such a short amount of time. I've missed her! We had great conversations about out pasts and even our futures! Hopefully we can catch up again much sooner!

No comments: