Friday, March 11, 2011

Sweet Smell Of Candles...and Christmas?

This past Monday was a sad day for me (and one I don't really want to relive, so I'll just move on with my story). So, as a result, I consoled myself with roomie time.

This roomie-time consisted of hanging out with the roomie (duh) but more specifically, it meant getting to have lunch at a new place and spending the afternoon somewhere I had never been.

YANKEE CANDLE!

Sure, I've been to a Yankee Candle store, but never the flagship...and never to the mother load of candles, fragrances, candy and Christmas items.

To a place that had walls upon walls, and shelves upon shelves of candles...

To a place that had miniature Christmas villages, including one of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol...

To a place that snowed every 4 minutes (see below)...


To a place that boasts having Santa's Workshop...

To a place with a gianormous countdown clock...


To a place where my roomie decided to drive a tug-boat/pirate ship...

To a place where said roomie was happily looking out for something on the horizon...maybe really bad eggs...


To a place where 'you'll be sorry if you do'...



To a place where there are Chuck-E-Cheese animatronics for adults...

To a place where you can dip your own candles...
And to a place where cows can play Frisbee...

All this and more can be found in South Deerfield, MA...and I can promise you that I will be going back and hopefully soon.
I highly recommend it!

No comments: