Sunday, March 13, 2011

PM/CM Qdoba Fail...and Success! (Boston, Part 2)

So....once Andy and I left the aquarium we had a plan. The plan was visit all of the fishy and then head to a nearby Qdoba. There were two reasons:

1) Andy had never been to one...and he wanted to try it. :-)
2) I'm OBSESSED with Qdoba...and this would allow me to get my fix since there aren't any in CT.

So, I had done my research on what the closest Qdoba would be to the New England Aquarium and with my trusty new iPhone, I could guide us there.

So we head out on our walk, taking in all of the drunk people participating in the Boston Irish Pub Challenge, and enjoying the sites.

Finally, we get to our destination...QDOBA. And then it happened...


It was closed!!!!!!!!!!!! We arrived at 5pm and it had closed at 4pm! I was so upset and disappointed in my lack of checking the hours! I couldn't believe it had actually closed that early!

We checked on the other location, which was back in the other direction and beyond. We decided that we would hit the Hard Rock Cafe, so Andy could get a shirt and I would get some pins.


On the way, we came across the Old State House along the Freedom Trail. It was very cool and a great historical side-trip.


And we past Quincy Market just as we were about to reach the Hard Rock, that we decided to visit after dinner....if we ever got that far!


It was determined that the other Qdoba wasn't that far. It was actually right across the way from the Boston Garden, and was open until 10pm! (I called and looked online to double check!!)


So we enjoyed our burritos (Chicken Queso for me and the Ancho Chili BBQ for Andy)...and they were beyond delicious!! Andy even decided that he couldn't eat at Moe's anymore...bc its just so tasty!! I loved it!!
So, we headed back to Quincy Market to look around, and Andy found the "Red" Auerbach bronze statue! I felt it appropriate that I got a picture of him with a member of Boston Celtic history!


The day was so amazing. We've even started to think about what to do on our next visit to Boston. I can't wait!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a fantastic day. I am beyond jealous!