Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sick As A Dog

So....being sick is by far my least favorite thing to be.

When I was younger, I hardly got sick. It was so rare for me, but it was partially due to being an only child and going to a school with so few students in my class. I tended to fake more often than I would be because I would need to catch up on homework I didn't have time to work on the night before. Of course, when your out, you miss class, thus missing assignments, so you're still behind.

Catch-22.

In college, boy did I get sick time and time again. It started being linked to my tonsils because I got a lot of sore throats. I remember going to the ENT (for those that don't know...Ear, Nose and Throat doctor) and hey told me told me to open my mouth and say "ah" so I did. When I did, he responded "ah!" No joke. Basically my tonsils were so scarred, they had these crevasses where basically germs and bacteria were just hiding out. When I took antibiotics before, it would basically just skim the service, but lurking deep down in the dark...evil!

Needless to say, we got those puppies taken out the next time I was home on break from school and apparently they wanted out too because my doctor said they just about popped out of my throat on their own.

Gross, I know.

Anyway, once those bad boys were out, I hardly got sick and I'm the more grateful for it. The unfortunate side effect...the less times I got sick almost equalled the harder I got sick when I did fall ill. That's how I feel right now.

I think in the last 48 hours I've gotten about 9 hours of sleep total. 4 hours on Friday night (technically Saturday morning) and 5 hours last night. It's progressively getting better, which I'm grateful for, but I'd love to sleep through the night. If I felt that I could take something to help me sleep without giving me drug overload, I would...but I'm always nervous about taking my sleeping pills unless I absolutely have to.

Maybe I'll be able to get a short nap in today in my day of "relaxing"...which just means not moving from the couch as much as possible unless its to change the DVD.

No comments: