Saturday, August 21, 2010

Drive-In Fun

Tonight should have been my second adventure to the drive-in. I had never been to a drive-in theatre before a few weeks ago and I got to watch Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Too bad I did make it through the movie. We got there in plenty of time, grabbed some grub from the concession stand and chilled, watching all of the cars pack into a very small space considering the number of cars.


Gone were the day of the radios that you put into your car from the stand that you would have parked next to. Instead, you tune into a certain radio station and poof, the movie magic is in your car without having to leave the windows down or deal with heat or bugs.



It was a very nice night though, so the windows did stay down...and we didn't need the car's radio on. The gigantic truck we parked next to had their sound pumped up so loud, we couldn't even tell if ours was even on.


I ended up not feeling good, so I hoped in the backseat for a quick nap and then we ended up leaving early, so I could get some actual sleep and we could avoid the traffic.

Despite the setbacks, I really loved the experience and planned on going tonight, but life has other plans. I'm home sick and detesting it. I wish I could be out in the cool night air enjoying Jurassic Park....but alas....I'm watching it at home, with a bunch of Kleenex and juice.

Ah well...

No comments: