Sunday, August 26, 2012

Zoo Time

Thanks to my friend, Andy, I have a membership to the Dallas Zoo. He gave me the membership as a going away present. And because of this membership, I get membership perks...like after-hours events.
 
It was such an event that I took my 'goddaughter' her mom to a couple weeks ago. It was hot, and Jordan loved the misters that were set up all over the African section (only that section of the zoo was open for this event). I felt like I was back in cheerleading, because I was doing alot of Liberty lifts with the little one so she could get right up to the misters.
 
She got to see the penguins...who were swimming away because of the heat.

 
 
 
The picture below reminded me of the last time we went to the zoo with Jordan. Her first zoo visit in fact. Here's the post. 


Look how much she's grown in those two years!


Anyway, we fed a giraffe, which was awesome! He was right in our face and took lettuce from us. So awesome. Look how close we were to him!


After dinner, an experience with two lions (behind netting and glass), rides on the carousel and shopping in the zoo gift shop, we were sweaty and tired.

But even so, I'm excited to go back!

THANKS ANDY!

No comments: