Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Big D and Baby J

June is the time for weddings. I was recently out in Dallas for Fomby's wedding (yes, the same one who's bachelorette weekend I went to in NYC). But, it was also a chance for me to meet my goddaughter, Jordan.

I went with Jordan and her parents to the Dallas Zoo. It was her first experience at a zoo and while it was stinking hot, I think she liked it.


I was grateful to have that time with her and be able to start establishing myself as "Auntie Lauren." It was adorable. I can't believe she will be TWO years old in just a few days. It seemed like yesterday when I was getting the message saying she had been born!

But while in Dallas, I was able to catch up with old high school friends and teachers and spend some time with the bride-to-be. It was extremely nice to be included in a lot of the wedding events, such as the bridal luncheon (below) and the spa day.

It's strange to think that we are coming up on our ten year high school reunion. Some people haven't really changed, and others have. But I still can think back on those days and remember the great time I had with everyone. Sure, there were things that I wish I had done better, or could do over, but generally, I liked my high school years.

Things were simpler then...

No comments: