Saturday, May 5, 2012

Margarita Cupcakes


Hey Cinco De Mayo!

I decided that I would make some margarita cupcakes for the Friday before Cinco de Mayo (ie TODAY). I had browsed Pinterest for some ideas and low and behold, I found one.

I basically took the recipe from here: Annie's Eats  and then tweaked it slightly.


I would add tequila and orange liquor into the batter as well as brushing some on there after baking. I think its up to your taste, but I feel the full quarter cup combined (half and half) is a good amount both in the batter and on top.
The frosting was pretty buttery, but the lime was a really a good addition. I feel that it helped cut the richness of the butter. I would add more tequila to it it next time...so again, your call.
Hope you like it. I have more coming. Yum!




No comments: