Sunday, May 27, 2012

Dave Matthews Band

A week ago at Opening, Traci and I talked about going to the upcoming Dave Matthews Band concert. On Friday, I got the call from her saying Saturday was the day.

So yesterday, she, a friend of hers and myself headed out with the masses of drunk and high people to see Dave Matthews LIVE.

It started with an early dinner and then an adventure to get the tickets (we had to pick them up elsewhere) and parking, followed by a little tailgating before heading into the amphitheater for the show.



Once we got into the 'park' (we had to go through gates, show our tickets, etc...that I likened it to going to Six Flags) we we in search of drinks! We found neon green frozen margaritas not found in nature.


Come on...really? They are the color of slime! They were really tart too and mix-y (you know, like from a mix) so they didn't taste super fresh, but they were potent. And the guitar glasses were pretty cool!

Then we headed into the 'shell' for the concert. It was packed to the gills and the lawn was virtually overflowing. We were smelling smoke and pot and alcohol. We weren't the oldest bunch there, but we weren't the youngest...gotta love college kids. PS...I never did this when I was in college...


Anyway, the concert was good. I don't know a lot of songs that Dave Matthews does...and this was night number two of him performing, so he didn't perform the same songs both nights (way to get more money) so I may have known a few more, but that was neither here nor there. The music was good, the musicians were great and the atmosphere was CRAZY.

After the concert was over, we had the adventure of getting out of the parking lot and out of the city. Lord...people are crazy. I finally got home a little after 12:30am after leaving my apartment at 3:30pm that afternoon. I was exhausted. Technically, I still am...so maybe a nap is in order before the Memorial Day BBQ festivities today!

PS...I don't think I need to go back to the Comcast Theatre. It was hot and packed. Give me AC and an arena any day...I'll keep the XL Center and Mohegan. :-)

No comments: