Friday, June 17, 2011

Yum Yum Yum

What would you do if you encountered 10,000 pounds of candy?





Yes, I truly said 10,000. Like 10,000 dollars or 10,000 bottles of beer on the wall. Ok, maybe that would be too much, but you get the picture.


Anyway, what would you do? Weep for joy? Be stunned into revered silence? Raid the entire stockpile? I got to ask myself these questions and experience the whole thing for myself.




Yummie's, located just inside the border of Maine, will blow any one's mind on the candy frontier. They have, at Yummie's, 10,000 pounds of candy on display...and that's not including everything they have in crates behind the counter ready to be packaged or shipped!




Everything from Circus Peanuts to Spree, Sixlets to Gummie Bears, Chocolate Covered Pretzels to Candy Cigarettes.




Everything and ANYTHING you could think of...they've got it. We were looking for specific items and we kept missing them because there was just SO much to look at!




And there was even a great sign that made us giggle!




We walked out with our version of the mother load...and we are still working on it, day by day. A lovely treat during a busy work day. I keep thinking about everything I saw that day...and I'm ready to go back to get more! There's just so much to experience. Bon appetite!

No comments: