Sunday, January 3, 2010

Babies, Babies and More Babies

'Tis the season to get pregnant...or at least that's what it feels like to me.

I know babies are conceived and born all the time, but apparently this year has been about people I know specifically getting pregnant. There are two people at my job with who are pregnant. A playwright and a designer who I am working with this year are also pregnant. A former Grad School classmate got married and pregnant this year. Just recently I found out about a friend and his new wife who have just gotten pregnant. And finally tonight, I got a text message informing me that one of my own cousins is now expecting her first child!

I was thrilled when I got this news, ecstatic actually. I get a new cousin (a second cousin to be exact) and I couldn't be happier. I've actually been waiting for her to get pregnant for some time, so it makes it me so happy to see them starting a family.

But it made me realize just how many people have gotten pregnant over this past year! Some who had been married for awhile...others who just recently were married...but they have all begun their lives together and now have begun having families...

So it seems to boil down to the fact that 2009 was the year of making babies and 2010 will be the year of having them!!! Good luck to all!

For those of you who read this (as I'm sure so many of you out there do...right) and ponder whether or not to have a family...think on my roommate's words of wisdom: "don't drink the water!" Or you can think on mine: "be careful...it may be contagious!"

No comments: