Thursday, October 2, 2014

Halloween Costumes

So today's blog post is about Halloween. Yes, most of these have aspects of Halloween but this one is specifically about Halloween, this year's Halloween to be more specific.

I've already been informed that I will be a scarecrow for Halloween this year. This is per the request of Mel for her birthday (she's an October baby and she's combining the events). She suggested that we all go as scarecrows and have a laid back evening in our 'cute' costumes.

I'm ok with that.

But, I would also like to go Trick-or-Treating with my goddaughter, so I will be walking around as a scarecrow before I go out with the girls. Oddly enough, this will work out as my goddaughter's mother is planning on being a witch.

Our plan is derived from these two things. We are now turning this into a family affair and making it a Wizard of Oz evening. We will have the scarecrow and the witch, of course, along with the cowardly lion (Bailey), tinman (my goddaughter) and  a flying monkey (her father). 

We spent a good amount of time this evening talking over the game-plan and costume designs. I will be working on the makeup for all of us and even taking care of some of the costume pieces. Overall it should be a fun time before I hang out with the girls. 

Here are some of the sketches I did this evening (not a lot of detail and my scarecrow sketch is missing at the moment). 







Don't you just love the Bailey sketch? I do!!!

More pictures and more detailed sketches to come. Stay tuned!

No comments: