Monday, March 19, 2012

O'Hartford 5K



Max's O'Hartford 5K was the end of my 5K training group this season. It was something I was building up for...and not all at the same time.

I didn't put everything I had into training for this race. There ended up being so much happening in my life at the time, both good and bad, that I didn't really do what I wanted and needed to do to make this race amazing.

But, that being said, you better believe I was happy that I did it. I was happy that Stacie trained with me and proud of her for finishing. She ended up finishing only about 10 seconds behind me. Not bad!

I also know that if it weren't for our coaches (Liz and Allison) that we both wouldn't have done as well as we did. Allison ran with me (picture below) and Liz with Stacie. I can't thank them enough for their support.


I've got the Amica Ironhorse Half Marathon that I'm training for next and I'm pumped! If you would like to check on my progress during my training, check out my running blog, 365 Days To Become A Marathon Runner. There is also another post about this particular race here.

I'll post that race here as well, but I'm sure there will be trials and tribulations, successes and failures in the next 3 months! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments: