Friday, March 16, 2012

Happy St. Patty's Day!

This St. Patrick's Day I decided to try a new recipe for me. And since I wasn't drinking alcohol (a choice due to training for my 5k) I would have my alchi in a different way:

IRISH CAR BOMB CUPCAKES!





They ended up deliciously! It was a chocolate Guinness cupcake, with Jameson chocolate ganache inside and a Bailey's buttercream frosting on top.


It was actually very easy to make, but rather time consuming. I took the recipe from the blog Une-deux senses (http://une-deuxsenses.blogspot.com/2009/11/irish-car-bomb-cupcakes.html) and it was very easy to accomplish.


When I got to the ganache, I had the choice of using Baileys or the Irish whiskey. I felt that with the Baileys in the frosting, the Jameson would give it a nice contract. It was a good choice.


I will be doing these again as the were just sinful...and a perfect treat to bring into the office on the Friday before St. Patty's Day!


May the luck of the Irish be with you!!

No comments: