Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010 in Review

The morning began just like every other Christmas morning....the smell of bacon permeated the apartment as I fried it up. Better than coffee...I think. I was working on the finishing touches to my Christmas tradition...the breakfast.

For as long as I could remember, we would have a breakfast souffle that just could knock your socks off. Sure...its one of the simplest things you could make...but its not Christmas until I have it.

Anyway, I was cooking the bacon to top it all off...and Robyn emerged from her room...

"Mmmm, bacon.....Merry Christmas!" Well...I agree in the order of priorities!

Anyway...I put the breakfast in the oven, Robyn started her coffee...and the it was STOCKING TIME! Yes, stockings take place before presents and before breakfast...and its a free-for-all!

Once we finished were finished, , I played "elf" (as Robyn's father says) and passed out the gifts from under the tree. Then breakfast came out of the oven and we enjoyed the tastiness of the season!!! YUM YUM!

Now...down to business. Traditionally...in my family, we open gifts from youngest to oldest. With only two of us...we just switched off opening presents.

One of Robyn's gifts was 50 cookie cutters from Andy...which she was thrilled about, calling it "her own Animal Cracker set."


We continued to open presents, back and forth, and finally Robyn opened her final present...from me...that I told her she had to open last....and this was why...

That's right....her very own Kitchen Aid mixer...which ps, she hugged and didn't let go of for a while. She is now trying to decide what recipe to break it in on. Haha!
All in all...it was a very nice Christmas...


With a lot of dead wrapping paper left...displaying the battle that we won...

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas...and won your own wrapping battles!

No comments: