Sunday, September 26, 2010

Things I Wish Connecticut Had...

There are plenty of things that I like about Connecticut:
1) Located in New England, meaning close to some family members
2) Better foliage (let's face it, I'm a sucker for fall leaves)
3) Food (let's face it again, I love food...)

There are things I don't like about Connecticut:

1) Missing The Container Store
2) Missing Qdoba

Two of my favorite things...and they don't exist in Connecticut.

When I lived in Texas, one of my favorite things to do was walk around The Container Store. I was obsessed with organization (though I lacked it in a lot of aspects of my life). I loved the idea of it though. If I had the money, I would buy everything from there and put it all into use. I remember when I would participate in sports and particularly when I was a cheerleader, we would be assigned a teammate to prepare gifts for before a game. The Container Store was where I would find all of my boxes, tins, bags, stickers, etc that I would use to put the gifts in. It was incredible. To this day, it is still one of my favorite places to visit and browse and buy from.


All of my life, Mexican or Tex-Mex food was my favorite to eat. When I lived in North Carolina, I encountered a place that I would fall in love with called Qdoba. It wasn't the first time I had a burrito like this, but it was by far the best (at least to me). I would drive there at least once a week (sometimes more, guilty as charged) to eat the food. I made believers out of classmates and friends. They make a Chicken Queso Burrito that I love and would drive great distances to have.


Because both of these places don't exist in Connecticut, I had to drive to the closest locations: Massachusetts. It's usually about an hour and a half one way....but I guarantee, it is worth it, for both of them.

And on the way, you might see something crazy...(Disclaimer: You shouldn't photograph and drive at the same time. Please don't try this on your next drive.)


So get on the ball Connecticut...you finally got a Sonic (and soon to be two of those), now make it happen for two of my favs!!!

No comments: